Start the (weekend) day the Spanish way!

No need for a lesson on what they are - what is so interesting is how they're eaten. Different from the Mexican style churros I am more familiar with, the ones rolled in cinnamon and sugar, the churros we've had around town are served plain. They are also fluffier and more airy than their denser cousins I've tried.


They are also best eaten hot outta the bag!

My churro learning curve was a little steeper than I figured one would be as someone learns how eat a delicious, fried treat. I brought them home to the family a couple times after morning runs, and while they were tasty, eating them even 15-20 minutes or longer after they were made made them underwhelming.

Thankfully, there are a number of churrerias right around town, and we finally made a couple trips to sit down to eat them there - and with a cup of chocolate, as is the custom. 


There we go.


Throw in a cafe con leché or fresh squeezed orange juice and we got it.

Popular Posts